Organic Certified Viili Yogurt Starter
Buy with confidence…
We are certified by the Irish Organic Association and undergo regular inspections to ensure our cultures, ingredients used and food safety management systems are up to the highest possible standard (IOA License No: 7812).
Viili Yogurt is known as a mesophilic yogurt, which in simple terms means it can be cultured at room temperature. Our mesophilic yogurt starter packs are very easy to use. Just add them to dairy milk and leave to culture for around 24 hours. They require no special equipment.
Homemade Viili Yogurt
NOTE: Viili yogurt starter cultures produce a thin yogurt as opposed to the store bought yogurts that can be filled with thickening agents, sweeteners, artificial flavours, and additives. The consistency will vary depending on the culture of bacteria in the original viili. The two forms of viili are known as long and short. The long version has a ropy, or stringy, consistency that stretches like honey. The short version has a consistency similar to commercial yogurt with a mild taste.
Organic Viili Yogurt (long strain)
Our long strain Viili starter culture produces a ropy, or stringy like yogurt that is very easy to make at home and has a very interesting texture and consistency. No special equipment needed. Only a glass jar, starter culture and milk. It’s a reusable starter culture – simply reserve a bit from each batch, you can continue to make Viili Yogurt indefinitely!
Organic Viili Yogurt (short strain)
A popular favourite, this yogurt has a mild taste and does not have the ropy, or stringy consistency of the long strain. It’s the closest mesophilic yogurt (room temperature – no yogurt maker required) to commercial yogurts. When fed and cared for this reusable culture will make yogurt indefinitely, again no special equipment needed.
Fermenting at home has never been easier!
- You will receive one sachet of powdered organic starter culture. This is 100% Viili Yogurt Starter. Nothing has been added or altered!
- One sachet of this starter culture will produce approx 500ml of Viili yogurt 24 hours.
- Over time, your starter will grow and multiply. This means you can either make more yogurt at a time or enjoy stronger yogurt in the same time.
- Our Viili starter is very easy to ferment: simply add the starter culture to whole milk, cover loosely and leave out of direct sunlight. It ferments and cultures on the counter-top at room temperature. Check after 12 hours to see if it has set (full instructions provided).
- Both strains of Viili starter cultures now available.
Complete instructions included – Simply follow the instructions included with your order and you will be up and running in no time at all!
Don’t take our word for it. Read some of the wonderful reviews from our Google verified customers. Accept only the Best from kefirgrains.ie!
The reviews below come directly from google and we have no control over them. They are real reviews from real people, we cannot edit them. Click on the link below to open our google business listing and read even more reviews from our google verified customers!